FIGMENT uses interaction and collaboration as tools for wild creativity, and is completely free and open to the public.
Remember to bring anything that you might need for the day. Picnics are encouraged and welcome. You should bring everything you need for a day of playing outside, rain or shine.
- Drinking water. Fountains are also available around Jefferson Memorial Park.
- Picnic food and snacks to eat and share. There are local dining establishments in the area.
- Sun protection: Sunscreen, a floppy hat or parasol, and sunglasses
- Toys: Bubbles, sidewalk chalk, kites, hula hoops, croquet sets, water guns … anything that you want to play with or invite others to join you in!
- Any necessary medications
- Costumes: FIGMENT is the perfect time to play make-believe (for both kids & adults!)
The following items are PROHIBITED at Palmer Square Park; please do not bring them:
- Glass containers
- Anything that is not legal to have in public in Chicago
BRINGING YOUR ART
We invite you to bring your art, performance, or artistic endeavors—and hope that you will take advantage of FIGMENT as a creative outlet for your work. Please note that you cannot bring anything that needs to be staked into the ground, be connected to a power source, plotted on the map, or scheduled for a stage or performance area unless your project is pre-registered with FIGMENT. Small, self-sufficient artists are welcome to create, but please be prepared to LEAVE NO TRACE! Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about bringing your work.