FIGMENT Chicago 2016 is just around the corner...
Wait, what happened to 2015? Scheduling conflicts and life changes, to keep it simple. Your core organizers were all in agreement: We want to live up to our strong history. We had a sizzling year in 2013 in Garfield Park (epic fire performance + 52 art projects). And the magical moments of 2014 in Jefferson Park burn bright in our memory (2 “no fuego” dragons + 31 additional art projects). Now, we are looking forward to an epic 2016 event.
HELP US spread our FIGMENT branches and find partners to form a canopy of interactive art at a unique Chicago space. (Hint: We’re looking!)
READ ON and see who you can be a part in 2016 as a team member, artist, or volunteer...
:: Give Us Input: We Want to Hear from You ::
- Please take 5 minutes to do our Google Poll: http://goo.gl/forms/lyUvBqeo76
- Message or email us at email@example.com
:: Meet Up at June 30 Meet n’ Greet ::
- Come to our June 30, 2015, Meet n’ Greet @ Happy Village (1059 N Wolcott Ave, 6:30-8:30 p.m.) to prepare for 2016! Everyone is welcome!
:: Check Out FIGMENT Chicago Events Worldwide ::
- Did you know FIGMENT happens outside of Chicago? Check out events across North America and Australia: http://www.figmentproject.org/ (Road trip to Pittsburgh, anyone? Andy Warhol helped bequeath our name, FIGMENT, in an odd way. We’ll tell you the story sometime.)
:: What We Want To Do in 2015 ::
- Awesome landowners who want to work with us
- Outdoor space that can easily accommodate 1000+ people. Plus, a small amount of adjacent indoor space for storage and volunteer room.
- Access to electricity and water
- Parking for participants and also adjacent to public transportation
- Owners/partners that are willing to entertain the idea of fire art
- In or near a community with a strong arts presence and/or active and engaged community that would welcome fun and interactive arts festival
- Facebook fundraiser (coming soon)
- We are looking forward to holding at least a couple captivating events in the next year
- Any money we raise for this year will be used for FIGMENT Chicago 2016